Monday, December 19, 2005

My latest poem....U'll like it....

It's a poem written by a son who is studying abroad and who wishes to express his gratitude for his father.....

Here it goes....

I LOVE YOU DAD !!!

These words are not enough to express what I feel,
I love you Dad-that's the only way I can reveal.

Your son, Dad, is in the land of snow,
You are concerned and I know you don't want me to know,
But I can still feel the warmth of your presence around me,
It cannot be anybody else, has to be you and you only.

You are still my superhero Dad, you'll always be one,
For had it not been you, I would have been none.

Still remember our petty wrestles Dad,
I never won them, but you always made me feel I had.
I always thought my punch did it all,
Little did I know then, that I was just too small.

You never refused me anything Dad, anything I desired,
That was when you were "best Daddy" for me, only then did I admired.

It's now that I understand why you always came home late,
You worked that much more for me, that's why mama always had to wait.

It was always my choice Dad, I should get the best bed,
Never understood why then, you happily chose the floor instead.

I can still remember your frown when I drank my first and last can,
I bet you Dad, that frown just made me a better man.

I can still picture the sleepless nights you had,
When your son came home late, it was your this very lad.
The lad was partying around, this lad acted like a brat,
Totally unaware, without him, Dad had dined less, and the mood at home was sad.

You were always there for me Dad, whenever I needed you,
Like a light tower behind me, all the while, doing it anew.

You toiled your entire life for me Dad, and that's why I am here,
Proudly do I say now, I face this world and I KNOW NO FEAR.

I can go just like this, on and on,
Nights will pass by and so will all dawn,
But I still won't find enough words to suffice,
Because Dad, you are my one and only - priceless prize!

This is copyrighted do not forward without written permission of the author you may be sued for a million dollars for copying intellectual property...........what CRAP!!!!

You may forward this to anybody you wanna fwd it to...but all recipients-- just spare atleast a sec to speak those 3 magical words to your parents...it will make a difference...!!!


10 Comments:

At December 25, 2005 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEST !!!
Very nicely written. Did you show this to your father? You must.
When was the first time you drank? :)

 
At December 26, 2005 9:47 PM, Blogger Girish said...

Nope haven't showed him this yet..
Well, that 'drink' part was just to add some more emotional spice to the poem. I don't drink..!!

 
At July 25, 2006 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
» » »

 
At January 30, 2007 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »

 
At February 16, 2007 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Rick amado design mazda Thule car mount bike rack review Order valium football villarreal eclipse everton what is buspirone florida goverment medical malpractice Wheelchair sex http://www.seo-tips-5.info/zolpidem-and-buspirone.html http://www.new-york-moving-company-0.info/buspironehydrochlorideadverseandsideeffects.html par buspirone hci usp Marvin watches Hp inkjet 1200 cartridges Wwwamar.superhost.pl cpanel Burton ronin 2l pants download simply accounting 2005 pro Slander lawsuits churches Voice+over+ip+router What anti depressant is good for anxiety Fluoxetine and affects on contraception cheapest online bontril dosage buspirone

 
At February 22, 2007 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

 
At March 05, 2007 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Cabinet install trash can discount womens handbags cabinet saver appleton wi http://www.under-cabinet-tv.info/Bran-850c-medicine-cabinet.html Home decor home interior scrabble barn

 
At March 31, 2010 1:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good poem and well expressed

 
At September 05, 2010 9:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At September 05, 2010 9:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

:')

I have happy tears in my eyes rite now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home